Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey (sometimes I use only ½ lb)
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon parsley
- ¾ garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown ground meat in a skillet over medium heat until almost done.
Add in onions and cook until tender.
Drain meat & onions on paper towels and return to skillet.
Add remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Sauce may be thin.
Let pasta sit to thicken the sauce, meanwhile adjust seasonings if needed.
Serve and enjoy the hamburger..