Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni
- 1 1/4 (565 grams) pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (710 milliliters) milk
- 1 3/4 cups (4 dl) macaroni (whole wheat, gluten-free or regular all work)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt (I like things on the salty side and use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 1/4 cup (141 grams) cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the meat until almost browned. A little pink is okay as it'll be simmering for a while later on. If there's a lot of liquid, feel free to drain it (though not necessary).
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, except for the cheddar cheese, and stir until well combined. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whole wheat pasta takes about 20 minutes but regular and gluten-free pasta will take closer to 10 (the exact time depends on the shape of the pasta). If using whole wheat, you may need to add a little more water or milk to the pan if you see that it's sucking up too much liquid.
Stir in the cheese until well mixed in. If you like the consistency, serve immediately. If you want it to be a little thicker, wait about 5 minutes. Enjoy !